Thursday, July 5, 2007

Road to Guantanamo (2006), Jesus Camp (2006)

1/21/07

Started a documentary class today, the second half will be in a couple of weeks. We watched The Road to Guantanamo, which is not a light Crosby and Hope comedy, but rather a look at the truely sucky experinace of three Pakastani Britians who where truely in the wrong place at the wrong time, when they where mistakenly picked up as terrorists in late 2001 Afghanistan. The film almost defies the documentary genra as it is about 90% reinactment, with the events real participents inserted as occasional talking heads. We also watched the movie Jesus Camp, followed by a panel discusion including a Presbyterian minister and Episcopal priest. I simply can not do justice to Jesus Camp, you need to see it to really understand it. I laughed, I cringed, I thought. I intend to see it again.

No comments: