Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Departed (2006)

2/6/07

I said I was going to wait until I'd seen The Departed to name which movie I think is going to win best picture of the year at the Academy Awards. Well I'm glade I waited because otherwise I would have named Little Miss Sunshine as the persumed winner, but now that I've seen The Departed I feel that it deserves the award. It's quite the movie, sitting in the theater watching it I consitantly felt overjoyed that they still make movies this good. Not only is The Departed the best of the pictures nominated, its also the best picture of '06 all around. I'm thinking I'll put out a top ten list of my favorite movies of 2006 sometime in late Febuary or early March, I feel I've seen enough movies in the theater this last year to actully take a stabe at a best list.

1 comment:

Travis said...

I couldn't make it through this one. The overwhelming amount of profanity was too much for me, and I like to swear. The story seemed good on what I saw but I felt it could have done without some of the swearing.