Saturday, May 23, 2020

Tangled Destinies (1932)

An airplane is forced to land in the California desert at night to avoid a storm, the 10 passengers and 3 crew make for an unlucky bakers dozen who decide to wait things out in a large abandoned house, before long one of them is killed. 'Tangled Destinies' made me long for any number of superior similar movies, including 'The Old Dark House' which came out the same year. The cast is all no names, the main plot involves stolen diamonds but there are various red hearing story lines as well. The copy of this I saw could really use a restoration, at times peoples faces are so bright and indistinct they seem bleached. Though is such a disposable piece of film making worth saving, I say yes because I'd hate to see even a movie I thought was bad disappear completely, but this movie is bad so I wouldn't necessarily make it a big priority. *1/2

No comments: