Saturday, May 23, 2020

Forget Paris (1995)

I saw bits and pieces of 'Forget Paris' back when it was a TBS staple but never sat and watched it through. My mistake, I'm surprised how good this movie is, I certainty laughed more then I usually do with a comedy, and it helped that the movie (for the most part) wasn't trying too hard. I had some issues with the first act, but things really kicked into gear after that when conflict was finally introduced. I'm not completely sold on the chemistry between Billy Crystal and Debra Winger, though they give it their best, the supporting cast is really solid, and in many ways the film is there as a vehicle to string together only semi related comic bits, 'getting the sperm to the clinic on time', 'It's a bird in your hair kind of day'. It's hard to image anybody other then Crystal in the lead, it's a very him film and you wouldn't want anyone else for it. "You want it, you got it, Toyota." ***

No comments: