Thursday, November 19, 2020

Freaky Friday (1976)

The 1976 'Freaky Friday' is the original mother/daughter body swap comedy, at least to my knowledge. I don't know if I ever saw this film through in its entirety, nor any of the subsequent remakes, though I definitely have a memory of watching the end of this when I was a young child, it is one of the most kinetic of Disney movie endings. I think the film holds up remarkably well, I of course enjoyed the 1970'sness of the piece, but I think even audiences more then 40 years on could by and large enjoy it. Jodi Foster's performance is of course what is remembered now, but I thought Barbara Harris's just as good, if not better. Always fun to see John Astin as well. Having recently watched some of the poorer Disney live action films of the 70's the quality of this one really stood out. *** 

No comments: