Saturday, February 15, 2020

The Lincol Lawyer (2011)

'The Lincoln Lawyer' is a fine film, it has a good cast, a reasonably interesting story, it feels a rather natural vehicle for Matthew McConaughey's strengths. There are times were it gets a little 'I don't know' and strains some credulity, but it's a good movie for the kind of thing that it is. It's based on a Michael Connelly book and I recently got really into the Amazon series 'Bosch', which is also based on a Connelly property, and I found that I wish this story had been given the same season long screen time to develop, a 'Lincoln Lawyer' TV series is in the works for CBS, but I wonder if they will be able to match the quality of the lead both on 'Bosch' and in this movie. Noteworthy is how William H. Macy endows his character with the sense of an entire and complex history with very little screen time. **1/2

No comments: