Monday, February 10, 2020

Ford v. Ferrari (2019)

I'm not a racing guy, I'm not a car guy, 'Ford v. Ferrari' is a film I would likely have never seen had it not been nominated for best picture, and frankly that would have been fine by me. It felt like this movie took 70 minutes to get going, I never really connected with anybody and I didn't much care what happened, the whole competition was basically a vanity project between rich car makers, my investment basically non existent. I did like the look of some of the racing sequences, I thought the supportive wife part was slightly better written then is usually the case in films like this, and I rather enjoyed Tracy Letts as Henry Ford II, his scenes were probably the highlight for me. But this a film where even Lee Iacocca seemed boring and the corporate jockeying well torn and uninteresting cliché. Too long an put mildly not my thing. *1/2

No comments: