Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Boss and the Worker (1975)

 Watching a genuine Italian sex farce one realizes that half of Billy Wilder's filmography was just toned down English language versions of these. The Boss is tightly wound, suffering from impotence, he becomes obssessed with a laid back, liberten Worker. At times The Boss tries to punish The Worker, make him miserable out of jealousy. At times The Boss thinks The Worker can help him with his problems, but it always backfires. They pick up a couple of Swedish hitchhickers, but The Worker ends up with both. The Worker sets The Boss up with a communist, but class distinctions get in the way of romance. The Boss tries to get even with The Worker, thinking the he will similarly have no luck on a cruise full of the stuffy rich, he ends up sleeping with The Boss's sex starved wife. I've never watched one of these before, the novelty of the unrepentant 70's Euro sexiness, tounge in cheek and more playful then dirty, it worked for me. I don't know if I'll feel the need to see another, but I'm glad I saw one. ***

No comments: