Sunday, July 15, 2012

Almost Famous (2000)

A recent Facebook conversation reminded me how little I really know about the work of Cameron Crowe. I had only seen one of his films, Elizabethtown, which I thought was pretty awful, and I just generally had a negative, mostly second-hand perception of his work. A friend recommended I see Almost Famous, so I did, I can defiantly recognize what people see in it, though I think that I came to it about a decade too late. It's a youthful story, fictionalized from writer/director Crowe's early days as a reporter for Rolling Stone. But I'm just not that much of a rock music guy. This is also the movie that made Kate Hudson a star, and it does have an all around good cast. I Feel a little torn about this one thought, I mean I get it, I just didn't quite feel it like I think I was suppose to. I think I can safely say that its a pretty great movie, its just not really my kind of pretty great movie. I got it, I appreciated it, I just couldn't quite love it. *** 1/2

No comments: