Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spaced: The Complete Series: Season 1 (1999), Season 2 (2001), Skip to the End (2004)

I figured this sitcom featuring Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Jessica Stevenson would be some kind of play on science fiction films, instead it proved to be the best (in my opinion) of the twenty- something slacker genera, and loaded with pop culture references galore. Its amazing how quickly you come to love these characters, and how resonate the show is with that time in life just out of college, were you can hardly believe how unaccomplished you are. The show is brit, witty, warm, quirky and satiric, very well written and full of characters you’d love as friends. I watched the first season in one sitting and I think that’s really the best way to consume the show, the tone is so casual that the integrity of the arc is kind of astounding. Anyway loved this show, I’m going to have to get my own copy. Grade: A

Enjoy the First Episode

No comments: