Thursday, July 2, 2009

David Carradine: 1936-2009

I was once in a room with David Carradine, at a 2005 movie memorabilia and b-list celebrity convention in Burbank (which I quite enjoyed). I swear Carradine had an intense aura about him, highly focused on signing fans autographs he gave off kind of an intimidating vibe, I purposely stayed away from his booth, finding Patty McCormack (though she’s most famous for playing a murderous child) to be much less threatening. I’ve not seen much of his work, though he was perfect for his part in Kill Bill. I’m more familiar with the work of David’s father, golden era character actor John Carradine, or his brother Keith’s intriguing FBI profiler character on the second season of Dexter. David’s was certainly one of the more unusual celebrity deaths of recent years.

Obviously I’ve got some obits to catch up on.

No comments: