Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Frost/Nixon (2008)

This was one of the award season movies I was really looking forward to. I had seen most of the actual Frost/Nixon interviews several years ago and knew them to be compelling, and with that cast, director, and well regarded source martial (Peter Morgan’s 2006 play) behind it, I figured the story around those interviews would be well worth my time. Now it is good, better then average, but I was still disappointed, both Doubt and The Dark Knight would have been more deserving of its place amongst the best picture nominations. The only thing that was truly remarkable about the film was Frank Langella’s performance as Nixon, its possibly cinemas best, and there have been a goodly number of movie Nixon’s. So I’d say see this film on video, you’ll probably enjoy it, but graded on the Oscar season curve I was just a little put off. Still, 4 out of 5.

No comments: