Tuesday, May 6, 2008

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007)

What can I say about this film? Oh the diversity of insulates that could be leveled at this abysmal, sad attempt to mimic The Lord of the Rings, truly staggers the mind. Miscast, miswrote, over long, and I would say under budget, had I not come upon the tidbit that it cost Sixty Million dollars (and has so far justly only grossed about five, that’s both theatrically and on DVD), its just awful. Of course I wasn’t exactly fishing for art when I agreed to see the film, it was rented to make fun of, and even with five fairly witty people in the room to do so, it still got tedious. I kind of hated this movie, even with the camp value of King Burt Reynolds and Ray Liota channeling Wayne Newton as the villain. About as bad as they come. One out of Five.

No comments: