Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hot Rod (2007)

Hot Rod is the kind of movie that happens to me when I feel like descending from my movie snob throne and mixing with the proletariat. Andy Samberg plays Rod Kimball, a self-proclaimed stunt man and typical movie man child, who along with his gang of fellow losers and the much out of place Isla Fisher (wasted in this movie, as I read another critic mention), endeavor to raise fifty thousand dollars for his step dad’s heart operation. The movie gives off a strong sense that it was simply thrown together one summer when SNL was on hiatus. One or two moderately funny moments do not forgive this film its sin of sucking, and if you feel like viewing something of this like I would recommend Think Tank, which is about as bad but made by amateurs so I respect it more. Sissy Spacek and Ian McShane play Rod’s parents, they apparently had lost some kind of beat. 1 ½ out of 5.

No comments: