Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Office: Season 1 (2005)

I’ve never watched The Office consistently but a few people I know have been encouraging me to give it more of a chance. The show is funny, but I’d agree with the general perception that season one is weaker then what’s come after. I think I’d like the show more if I felt it was in some degree my discovery, you know that inflated feeling of ‘ownership’ of a program or movie that’s more cultish then mainstream. The Office is pretty mainstream, in fact I’d say its NBC's anchor show in the sitcom department. Working in an office setting myself I can appreciate it, but if I’m a fan, I’m rather a passive one, wouldn’t be opposed to watching more, but its not a high priority. Jim’s pretty cool though. Three out of five.

1 comment:

Jax said...

I never saw Season 1 but really got into it towards the end of season 2 and really liked season 3. They show it over here but it pretty hit and miss now when I actually remember that it's on.