Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Creed III (2023)

 I came out of 'Creed II' about 5 years back thinking there was really no need for another of these, give it a rest for at least 10 years. Well they came back in half that time, so I went in a little reluctantly, not a lot of options and good notices propelling me into the theater. 'Creed III' is a perfectly fine movie, the story just different enough, our returning characters still likable and Jonathan Majors charismic and nuenced enough of a performer to keep the inevitable beats of the story interesting. It felt a little inconsistent on the chronology and its hard to believe the Rocky character wouldn't try to lend his support in some way, I guess we can pretend they talked on the phone since the studio couldn't land Stallone for a cameo (I know right where it would have gone too). This looked great in IMAX, but as could be expected it's nothing that special though satisfying. ***

No comments: