Sunday, May 16, 2021

Con Air (1997)

 'Con Air' really dated, it is a very 90's movie. I'd seen a bit of the end before but never the whole film. This is the one where Nicolas Cage is getting released from prison, and he's on a prison plan that is taken over by an eclectic group of criminals, many played by recognizable names such as Ving Rhimes and John Malkovich, and in the end they crash into a Hardrock Cafe in Vegas. The LeAnn Rimes hit 'How Can I Live Without You' is featured prominently in this film. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I seen it closer to when it first came out, I feel like it was then somewhat meant to be taken seriously, but now it's just silly. Cage should have either committed to the bad Southern accent or not, instead of let it slide in places. *1/2   

No comments: