Sunday, August 30, 2020

Night of the Comet (1984)

'Night of the Comet' is a film I really wanted to like, and probably would have liked a lot more if I'd seen it in say the 1990's. This extremely 80's 'cult' film barrows from 'The Day of the Triffids', 'I Am Legend' and other source material to produce a tale centered on two sisters in their late teens (Catherine Mary Stewart, and Kelli Maroney) who are among the few to survive a passing comet that turns people exposed to it into aggressive zombies and/or dust (depending on degree of exposure). I liked the beginning and end of the film, I thought the middle too slow, predictable and boring. As teen aged girls the two of course go on a spree of consumerism at the mall, and take the whole thing too matter of factley, at lest Kelli does. Robert Beltran plays the main love interest, the sound track contains a lot of pop music, excused in part by the girls taking up a residence in a radio station. **

No comments: