Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Glass (2019)

The trilogy is not unbreakable, I felt split about Glass. The final chapter in the Unbreakable or Eastrail #177 trilogy, Glass has the unenviable task of being sequel to and resolution for two barely related previous movies, Unbreakable from 2000, and Split from 2016. By far the weakest of the three Glass is very much a mixed bag, there were times watching it when it was working for me and I was rather enjoying what I was seeing, and then there were times when it wasn't and I wasn't. The film too often felt forced, and while there were one or two successful misdirects, I think Shyamalan was overreaching for profundity. There are too many false endings here and while some are mildly intriguing, none are truly satisfying. I am not sure if there were too many or too few drafts.  **

No comments: