Monday, May 8, 2017

Good Will Hunting (1997)

Filling another awkward gap in my film knowledge I finally saw Good Will Hunting, and only 20 years late. This movie launched two of the biggest film careers of the past two decades, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, who in addition to each appearing in the film (Damon is the lead) both won Oscars for co-writing the screenplay. This is one of those films which I find that I have very little to say about, it's really all there on the screen, there is not a lot of analysis that needs doing. It is an excellent film, very smart, all the performances are strong, with Robin Williams the biggest standout, he also won an Oscar for this film. I'd have to go back and look at the other movies that came out in 1997 but this could well have been the best film of that year. I should have seen this sooner, it's excellent, deserving of its reputation. ****

No comments: