Friday, June 19, 2015

Insurgent (2015)

Insurgent is the second entry in the film adaptions of writer Veronica Roth's Divergent series. The story starts something like five days after the end of events in the first movie, so its a very direct continuation of the story, but not at all a repeat of it, its very much its own thing. I enjoyed the first movie and enjoyed this one, but they are both rather straight forward films to the point that they don't have a lot I feel like analyzing. It did leave me excited at the end that in the forth coming films (it looks life the third book of the trilogy will be made into two movies, not an uncommon choice when it comes to wrapping up popular young adult franchises) we will finally get to see what's beyond the wall surrounding the future Chicago that has been the setting of the first two films. Anyway this film not only meet, but I'd say slightly exceeded my expectations for it. Good job. ***

No comments: