Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

The second Thor movie, not counting The Avengers, its actually pretty good, I think I even liked more then most critics. I seldom read the Thor comics growing up, and I wouldn't think that this particular branch of the Marvel universe should hold much interest for me, but its just different enough, and done well enough, that I find it rather appealing. The plot, like many a Marvel movie, concerns menacing space villains that are all but interchangeable and really not that interesting, however they are really just there as a through line around which to wrap character development, cool sets, special effects, battle scenes, and some humor. This movie probably shouldn't have worked that well, there is really not much to it, and like a single comic book issue its kind of weak and pointless, but as part of an ongoing story, well if you get sucked in you get sucked in, and Marvel, against my better judgment, has got another sucker. ***

No comments: