Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Seeds of Yesterday (2015)

The latest, and final in the Lifetime Networks series of adaptions of V. C. Andrews novels that started with last years Flowers in the Attic. This fourth film is really the first one I've been disappointed with, I'm not sure they were just running out of steam or what the problem was, but though Seeds of Yesterday provided some closure, it also felt a little tacked on. I honestly think the thing I felt most lacking here was the presence of innocent characters, by which I mean children, yes there were Jory's babies, but they were just babies, didn't have a tone of character arc. It's the young confronting the awful that I think made the other films work, by this point everybody was just a little too old for that play. Anyway I'm glad I finished the series, but I think it may have peaked with the breakneck crazy of Petals on the Wind, thought the slow burn creepy of If There Be Thorns was effective as well. **

No comments: