Monday, October 6, 2014

Iron Sky (2012)

In hindsight probably not the best choice to be my follow up review to The Diary of Anne Frank. I first became aware of this movie through this video essay by Renegade CutIron Sky looked like it would truly be something to see, so I saw it, though not with the highest of expectations. Though I wanted to see it because I thought it would be goody, and it was, I still didn't think the premise would sustain the films run time, yet somehow this movie did and I was never bored.  The execution here truly is remarkable considering this could of been just so much Syfy Channel type filler. The movie was engaging and clever, I liked the characters, and even liked the satire, it took the brains behind the film years to finally get it made, so they had plenty of time to perfect what they were trying to do. This is a cheesy, guilty pleasure film that wasn't just tossed off, it even reminds me a bit of the work of Kurt Vonnegut. Not to read to much into the film, its silly, but well done and defiantly earned its place in the list of films that blur the line between trash and treasure. ***

No comments: