Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Doc Martin: Series 1 (2004)

British dramady stars the odd looking Martin Clunes as Doctor Martin Ellingham, a once successful surgeon who do to a late onset fear of blood brought on by his high pressure job accepts the post of general practitioner to the small sea side village of Portwenn, so think of it as House meets Northern Exposer. Likable, quirky show, filled with requisite cast of small town eccentrics, and the village they use for filming is really quite beautiful. Supporting cast includes the cute Caroline Catz as well as Stephanie Cole, who at this point in her life looks a lot like my late maternal grandmother. Recommended.

1 comment:

tom sheepandgoats said...

Finally – an offering of yours that I have seen. Yes, it is quirky, and he is odd-looking. Once in a while we catch an episode on public TV, imported from the BBC, I guess. The show is so odd that my initial response, and that of my wife, was to wonder why anyone would watch it. But it grows on you. The last episode I saw contained the strangest wedding proposal I've ever seen, completely unexpected, even in hindsight, and played out in the shows final moment.