Wednesday, November 26, 2008

24: Redemption (2008)

This is the teaser tele-film for the late coming seventh season of the popular series. Asked how it was as a movie, I’d have to say not that great, but 24 fans will enjoy it. I say not great not because its bad, in fact its fairly good, I’m giving it a 3 out of 5, just that its structured like an episode of 24 and hence cuts between a number of ongoing story lines with little or no resolution; which while often admirable in episodic TV, is typically less satisfying in movie form. Anyway as I said I enjoyed it and you know that young Siyabulela Ramba did a really good job, I’m impressed and would actually like to see him act again. Glade we’re getting back to a more inspirational type president in Cherry Jones’s Allison Taylor, and it will be interesting to see this somewhat softened Jack Bauer for the Barak Obama era.

No comments: