Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Be Kind Rewind (2008)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind director Michel Gondry gives us Be Kind Rewind, a film that dangles the line between good and bad more then any film I’ve seen in a while. I mean the first 20-30 minutes of the film are awful, but once we get to the ‘Sweded’ films things get better, and by the end you see that Gondry has constructed a kind of monument in honor of amateur film making. Since the point is that bad can be good if you are a part of it, the production doesn’t entirely work because a) I was not a part of it, and b) this was not some amateur film, it had Jack Black. I do have to complement Mos Def on a surprising range though, I’ve never seen him repeat himself in a performance. Some friends of mine who heard I saw this film asked me give them a definitive thumbs up or down, for the originality, and certain amount of well constructed sentimentality, I must give Rewind a thumbs up. I think I’d actually watch this one again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.