Sunday, May 13, 2007

The 4400: Season 3 (2006)

(The Seattle area, contemporary)
IMDb

I started watching the 3rd season of The 4400 with its rebroadcasts late Wednesday evenings on USA. I got through about half the season that way, and then it was released on DVD. My sister immediately bought the set, and I finished the second half that way in a couple of days. I must say that it plays better when you can watch several episodes at once, because it is a detail oriented series and you retain more that way. Anyway at first I thought they were kind of jumbling to many plot threads together, the Nova group, Isabelle, the use of neuro-agent Promicen to grant 'abilities' to non-4400 (both military and civilian), the resurrection of Jordan Colliar, and the factional conflicts in the future. However in about the last 3 or 4 episodes these seem to come together nicely, resolving enough while introducing new concepts and developments to be explored next season (through the quality montage you can expect to see at the end of each season final). Also the flash forward to the initial conflict in 'the great disaster', (though now possibly negated by Isabelle's 2nd transformation), is perhaps the most intriguing I've seen since Babylon 5. I'm looking forward to Richards transformation into a militant, I think there's a lot of potential there, epically sense he's probably the most sympathetic character in the show, and if he does go dark the audience might even side with him. The new Colliar is also intriguing. Finally, I've developed something of a thing for Summer Glau.

No comments: