Monday, September 23, 2024

Timecop (1994)

 In 'Timecop' Jean-Claude Van Damme is a timecop, a temporal security officer working for the U.S. government in the year 2004 policing unauthorized time travel. Ron Silver is a U.S. Senator running for president who is using time travel to make money on the stock market. Mia Sara is Jean-Claude's late wife, who was killed in 1994 on the orders of Senator Silver, as part of a botched attempt to take out Van Damme before he started his investigation that would lead to Silver. Spoilers don't matter in 'Timecop'. 

I wanted to see this when I saw the trailers back in 94, but I was 14 and it was rated R. So 30 years later I finally got around to it and I guess you could say it was worth the wait, because I rather enjoyed 'Timecop', it meet all my (low) expectations for a vaugly smart, pretty well structured, decent action movie with time travel hijinks. It is what a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie is meant to be, an off brand Schwarzenegger movie. ***

No comments: