Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Spider-Man: Across the Spidervesre (2023)

 I watched this on Teusday and am writting this on Saturday. I have almost nothing to say about it. This isn't a bad thing, I liked the movie. It pushes the hodge podge of visuals and Spider people up significantly from the first film, but remains anchored in the family drama's of Gwen and Miles. Jason Schwartzman of all people is the suitably quirky big bad named Spot, a character I suspect was created for the film. While the theater I saw this in was near packed (as the theater I saw the first Spiderverse movie in was) and there were a good number of genuine laughs, the movie is overlong yet does not present a completed story, turns out this is the middle chapter of a trilogy that will be wraped up next year. ***

No comments: