Friday, November 10, 2017

Can't Hardly Wait (1998)

I didn't watch the teen comedies of my teen years when I was a teenager, they held little interest for me at the time. I now have a mild interest in maybe seeing a few, out of nostalgia and a periodic desire to see the kinds of films I don't generally gravitate towards. Can't Hardly Wait was on TV earlier this week so I thought I'd give it a go. It's pretty good for what it is, not great but enjoyable enough. What impressed me the most was the shear number of recognizable names in the cast, which is actually pretty logical given that the film is chiefly about a high school graduation party with perhaps a couple of hundred people in attendance, so I'm sure that production was just scouring late 90's Hollywood for anyone who looked like they might pass as a high school senior. Here is a list of some of the recognizable people at said party, Ethan Embry, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lauren Ambrose, Seth Green, Jason Segel, Clea DuVall, Jamie Pressly, Freddy Rodriguez, Eric Balfour, Selma Blair, and Sara Rue. I'm glad I finally saw it. ***

No comments: