Sunday, April 2, 2017

From Russia With Love (1963)

Well I finally got back on track somewhat with my plan to try and see all of the Bond movies by the end of the year. I'm only on number two chronologically but of the half dozen Bond films I've seen so far (3 Brosnan, 1 Craig, and now 2 Connery) I'd defiantly say From Russia With Love is my favorite. I really like these early Bond films, they are not so gadget centric, Bond's a more believable character then he would become, the pace is not in a hurray, and there is a supporting character who dies in this movie that I actually cared about. The teasers a misdirect and the opening music sequence probably the weakest I've seen, but after that I found it very satisfying. SPECTRE seems like a legitimate threat here, but not near godlike as in the most recent Bond movie. Daniela Bianchi may be my favorite Bond girl. I really look forward to seeing more Connery Bond. Loved this. ****

No comments: