Saturday, September 24, 2016

Hostage (2005)

Perhaps the laziest, most cliché Bruce Willis film yet. When a hostage situation LA cop Willis is negotiating goes awry, and three people die, he decides to start over and takes the job of sheriff in a small, peaceful California town. But to no one's surprise Bruce soon finds himself in the middle of another hostage situation, and to make matters even worse bad guys have taken Willis's family hostage until he successfully resolves the first hostage situation, as one of those hostages is an important mob accountant. Though at first a little painful to watch, once the set up is more or less complete the film manages to run pretty well on genera momentum. I watched this because it seemed like the kind of movie my dad would have enjoyed, after I finished it I learned that in fact had seen it and apparently quite liked the movie. I love my dad, but I can only give this **

No comments: