Friday, August 26, 2016

Ayn Rand fans, now I've never read Atlas Shrugged but I do know the gist of the plot and its general reputation. Anyway I started watching the movie version and... It. Is. Bad. Like real bad. If I start watching a movie its almost unheard of for me not to finish it. Even if its bad I like to be able to complain about it in detail, but this was just so awful, I couldn't do it. I planed on watching the whole trilogy this weekend but I didn't even get through part I. Bad acting, very limited budget, the dialogue and plot are just eek. I get what its trying to say, that the job creators and innovators are important, we take them for granted, big government bad, personal sovereignty good, you can't tell us what to do, we don't owe you anything, etc. But this story just felt like a pity party for the one percent, and the one percent can afford better. I'm guessing the book must be better then this. Anybody see this movie? Anyone like it? Is it faithful to the book and if so how is the book better? Thoughts? It's 10% rating on Rotten Tomato's seems kind of generous.

No comments: