Thursday, April 2, 2009

Life Without People (2008)

History channel ‘special’ inspired by the 2009 book ‘The World Without Us’. Expert commentary and basic cable quality computer effects combine to explore what would happen to the plants, animals, and all our stuff should humankind just disappear some day (which it just might). I’d seen part of this before and wanted to finish it, ironically the early stuff, what would happen in just the first few years of our absence, I found the most fascinating, but that may be because I’d already seen much of the far future stuff, the 75 to 10,000 years after man range. Anyway I enjoyed it, though now I probably won’t read the book. 3 out of 5.

Interesting fact: Mt. Rushmore might well be the last real evidence of man left standing, experts predict it could last in something of recognizable forum for up to 200,000 years or more. Of course plastic milk jugs might last an additional 800,000 years.

No comments: