Monday, July 7, 2008

Lions For Lambs (2007)

A rare engaging movie that’s mostly talking. You have professor Robert Redford talking to a promising student about his lack of engagement in the classroom. You have veteran reporter Meryl Streep interviewing rising star Republican Senator Tom Cruse (who does a good job by the way). You also have the story of two minority solders shot down in Afghanistan, to give you a little action and a little more movement. All these stories do tie together in there ways, but mostly its refreshing to hear real issues talked about in a contemporary American film with actors of such high profile. No new ground is broken in the conversations but they’re well thought out and each side is cognitley articulated, the movie mostly lets you make the call. Three and a half out of Five.

1 comment:

hortinthewho said...

I also enjoyed this film. I am not entirely sure that I grasped all of the hidden messages but enjoyed it anyway (I found myself not paying attention to the implied messages until about 3/4 of the way through). I think this is one I will add to the collection (now over 450 strong).